Sunday, August 03, 2008

Bowl-a-Rama success

Yesterday we participated in the 6th Annual PACC911 Bowl-a-Rama on Arizona RESCUE's dog team. I bowled in the cat team's lane and brought down their average score, helping the dog team to another win--apparently Nintendo Wii bowling doesn't help train for the real thing. The event had a morning and afternoon session; RESCUE was in the morning session from 10-12:30. RESCUE came in second place for "loudest cheer," which added another $50 There were about 60 groups participating in the morning session which raised a total of about $122,000--of which RESCUE alone raised $42,000! Thanks to everyone who supported our efforts and to Lisa and Einzige for coming out to the event to cheer us on!

2 comments:

Danny Boy, FCD said...

What were your scores?

Lippard said...

I just played one game. I scored almost twice as high as Barack Obama's game in Altoona, PA--he got 37, I got 70.

I've never been a great bowler, but last time I bowled in Bowl-a-Rama a few years back, I did at least break 100.