Tuesday, December 16, 2008

The Center for Public Integrity is doing great work

The Center for Public Integrity has published a slew of new investigative reports:

"Global Warming: Heated Denials"
-- reporting on climate change denialism pseudoscience from the Heartland Institute.

"The Shadow Government"
-- 900 little-known federal advisory committees wielding influence over public policy.

"Divine Intervention"
-- how the Bush Administration's initiative to fight AIDS abroad is hampered by conservative ideology.

"Broken Government"
-- an assessment of 128 executive branch failures since 2000.

Check them out, and consider providing financial support for this organization, which is one of my top organizations to support.

3 comments:

Eamon Knight said...

Jim: Random posts (like this one) of yours seem to be generating backlinks over at my place, even though they don't actually link to my post.

Lippard said...

Eamon: It looks like a bug in Blogger's new Blogroll widget--the links in my blogroll sidebar to the most recent post at the blogs in my blogroll are, for some reason, generating backlinks at those blogs that are also Blogger blogs...

Hume's Ghost said...

I was wondering about that - I noticed it yesterday.