Saturday, August 12, 2006

Naked air travel

CNN:
Tisha Presley, bound for Fort Bragg, North Carolina, hurriedly sipped from her bottled water before going through security at the Atlanta airport.

"I assume before too long we'll be naked on the plane -- and that's fine with me," she said.
My wife Kat jokingly suggests that TSA require passengers to change into TSA-provided unitards, returned for cleaning and reuse upon arrival at the destination.

Of course, the real question is whether air travel continues to be economically viable under high levels of travel restrictions without completely transforming the industry's business model.

One thing for sure--the level of restrictions currently imposed in the UK will provide incentives for telecommuting and audio and video conferencing, which are services provided by the company which employs me, Global Crossing.

1 comment:

Taliahad said...

Well, with that new "nude" scanner they've been showing us in Yahoo, hopefully it won't come down to wearing rented clothing.
I think I'm even less thrilled about standing in front of an x-ray so someone can look at me without my clothes on though.
Ugh.