Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Update on Maricopa County Trustee Sale Notices

Click this image to view full size
It's been two months since my last update of Maricopa County's Notices of Trustee's Sales.

January's 1623 notices didn't beat the past 145 months' record high of 1738, like I initially thought they would. However, before you go shouting such fantastic news from the rooftops, you should know that 1623 is the second highest number.

Here are the latest descriptive statistics:

Trustee's Sale Notices
Mean917.2
Median811
Mode746
Standard Deviation296.35814
Range1256
Minimum482
Maximum1738
Sum132994
Count145

Since I started compiling this data I've noticed a sharp uptick in real estate gurus trying to sell info on the latest real estate investment fad: the "Short Sale" - a technique designed to get around the problem that most of the defaulting mortgages behind these sad numbers are less than 2 years old, and thus are tied to properties with zero equity.

I'll probably write a little more about this technique at some point over at Die Eigenheit. I promise to update this post as necessary.

No comments: