Monday, January 08, 2007

Fundies say the darndest things!

This is a treasure trove of mind-bogglingly idiotic statements.

Some examples:

#2: "No, everyone is born Christian. Only later in life do people choose to stray from Jesus and worship satan instead. Atheists have the greatest "cover" of all, they insist they believe in no god yet most polls done and the latest research indicates that they are actually a different sect of Muslims."

#3 (I've seen this one before): "One of the most basic laws in the universe is the Second Law of Thermodynamics. This states that as time goes by, entropy in an environment will increase. Evolution argues differently against a law that is accepted EVERYWHERE BY EVERYONE. Evolution says that we started out simple, and over time became more complex. That just isn't possible: UNLESS there is a giant outside source of energy supplying the Earth with huge amounts of energy. If there were such a source, scientists would certainly know about it. [emphasis added]" (FSTDT! Post of the Year for 2005)

#4: "I am a bit troubled. I believe my son has a girlfriend, because she left a dirty magazine with men in it under his bed. My son is only 16 and I really don't think he's ready to date yet. What's worse is that he's sneaking some girl to his room behind my back. I need help, God! I want my son to stop being so secretive!" ("Occam's Razor Disagrees" Award winner)

#9: "There are a lot of things I have concluded to be wrong, without studying them in-depth. Evolution is one of them. The fact that I don't know that much about it does not bother me in the least." (Fundamentalism in a Nutshell Award winner)

(Via Beth Wolzson on the SKEPTIC mailing list.)

1 comment:

Radix2 said...

Yes. It is always great fun - but don't just stop by the top 100. Plenty get posted everyday. There is some real ignorance out there...